MHG has introduced the world’s first commercially successful extrusion coating resin that utilizes the bioplastic PLA (polylactic acid) as the primary material for coating paper, paperboard, and fabric.
To establish this leadership position, MHG has demonstrated that the extrusion coating resin will perform on existing production equipment at production speeds comparable to traditional polyolefin while offering energy savings due to much lower processing temperatures.
MHG extrusion coating resins provide excellent adhesion and a great print surface and can be applied to a broad range of substrates with a wide choice of coat weights.
This coating material is suitable for food contact applications including both hot and cold applications. MHG extrusion coating resins also provide good flavor preservation and odor barrier characteristics.
MHG 26806 Extrusion Coating Resin Characteristics
- Excellent adhesion
- Suitable for paper, paperboard and fabric applications
- FDA approved for food contact
- Process conditions enable full optimization of equipment
- Suitable for hot and cold-serve applications
- ASTM certified as compostable
- Outstanding grease and liquid barrier
- Repulpable for the waste paper recovery supply chain
Come Grow with MHG!
Complete the form to request more info about our customized, bio-based extrusion coating: